Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday - Gratitude

The theme over at Broke and Bookish is gratitude. I decided to write about the gratitude I feel for all things children's literature.

1. I love my job. It's the best job in the world. I love working with children and helping them discover their next favorite book.

2. I work with the best, most brilliant and creative colleagues.

3. I love reviewing for School Library Journal. My editors are so helpful and supportive. I've been reviewing for over four years there and I am still thrilled to see my name in print.

4. I am thankful for the publishers that I have been able to form working relationship with, who send me books to review and invite me to previews.

5. I am thankful to my husband who has been nothing but supportive from the moment I decided to pursue a masters in library science and teaching credentials at the same time I worked full time. He also doesn't mind my traveling to ALA twice a year. (He even came once when it was in Seattle and had a grand old time touring while I conventioneer.) (He's coming to Denver with me next year.)

6. Ditto for my four sons who put up with all that plus attending the school where their mom worked.

7. I am thankful for authors who write for children. The depth and breadth of children's literature is amazing. Creative, caring and approachable. 

8. I am thankful that I still enjoy posting to my blog. While my review output has significantly decreased over the years, I enjoy what I do put up and refuse to stress over it.

9. I am thankful for my professional community of bloggers and other children's lit professionals in my blog feed and social media. I learn so much from everyone.

10. I am thankful to have a large family to celebrate the holidays with. Even if they all can't be with me in person, I know they are with me in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment