Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books Recently Acquired Books

I'm glad I didn't preschedule this week's TTT because I am attending Scholastic's Reading Summit today and just this morning bought ten books I absolutely had to have (some already read, most new) for my school library. Check out other TTT posts at Broke and Bookish.



Amulet Keepers by Michael Northrop. Tombquest #2. Scholastic Inc.

I enjoyed the first of this multi-platform series and intend on buying the rest.



Frank Einstein and the Anti-matter Motor by Jon Scieszka. Amulet Books/ Abrams. 

The first in a series I intend to continue buying. It's humorous and folds real science into the story. I picked up this paperback copy to pair with the duplicate audiobook I accidentally purchased at ALAAC.



Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt. Penguin Young Readers Group.

I have already read this as an arc. I ran out of money in my budget before it came out in hardcover. I highly recommend this as well as the author's debut, One for the Murphys.



Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley. Penguin Young Readers Group.

If you are a close reader of my blog, you will know that I recently bought this in audiobook form. I can't wait to read this much buzzed about book.



Bad Magic by Pseudonymous Bosch. Bad Book series #1. Little, Brown and Company.

This is for all the Bosch fans at my school.



Stick and Stone by Beth Ferry. Illustrated by Tom Lichtenheld. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. In the "never too old for picture book" category. I absolutely adore Lichtenheld's work and this one is a keeper!



Last Stop on Market Street by Matt de la Peña. Illustrated by Christian Robinson. Penguin Young Readers Group.

I also adore Matt de la Peña's work and am a new fan of Christian Robinson's style as well.



Babymouse Cupcake Tycoon by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm. Random House Children's Books. 

I sadly have not kept up with the Babymouse franchise. But I couldn't resist it when I saw the cupcake theme.



The Only Game by Mike Lupica. Home Team series. Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers.



Tales from a not-so-happily-ever-after by Rachel Renée Russell. Dork Diary #8. Aladdin.

Of course. This is hugely popular at my school.

If you ever have the opportunity to attend a Scholastic Reading Summit, I highly recommend the experience. Bring some extra money though. Who can resist a Scholastic Book Fair?

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, who can resist a Scholastic Book Fair, I always add a few books into the mix for myself :) Love the list. Last Ten Books that Came into my Posession

    ReplyDelete