Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - 2014 Favorites

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by Broke and Bookish. This week's theme is 2014 favorites.

I flagged 37 books as 2014 favorites this year. Here's my top ten of those:

Middle Grade:

Five, Six, Seven, Nate by Tim Federle.


The Secret Hum of a Daisy by Tracy Holczer.


Gabriel Finley and the Raven's Riddle by George Hagen.


Rhyme Schemer by K.H. Holt. I am upset with myself for not reviewing this one. Told from the bully's POV in verse, this short read is quite powerful.


The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. This is very quickly becoming a favorite in my school. Every student I have recommended it to has returned to the library panting for the next book. Me too.

Young Adult:

Champion by Marie Lu. This trilogy started with a bang and just got better and better. I highly recommend the audiobook for a fantastic performance.


Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor. Another trilogy that got better with each book. Each one immersed me in another world and destroyed me. So good. The audiobook performances are amazing!


Cress by Marissa Meyer. This third in a planned quartet plus one prequel keeps up the momentum started in the first two. Another amazing audiobook performance. I had to check to see if the narrator had changed because Rebecca Soler changed her narrator's voice for each book to suit the mc.


Death Coming Up the Hill by Chris Crowe. Powerful read. I booktalked it to eighth graders and they are all intrigued. There's a waiting list for the book.


Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. Raven Cycle series #3. I just finished this last night. Wow! I wasn't enamored of Will Patton's narration but the world of Henrietta is so, so vivid. Tears were shed as two of my favorite characters died.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Blue Lily, Lily Blue. I want to start reading Cress before the year is out. Great list. Check out mine at http://www.readinginthetardis.com/top-ten-books-i-read-in-2014/ and give us a follow back when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete