Saturday, November 15, 2014

What's New? Stacking the Shelves


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Hop on over there to ogle what other bloggers got.



Echo by Pam Muñoz Ryan. 583 p. Scholastic Press/ Scholastic Inc., February 24, 2015. 9780545476505. 

Publisher synopsis: Music, magic, and a real-life miracle meld in this genre-defying masterpiece from storytelling maestro Pam Muñoz Ryan.
Lost and alone a forbidden forest, Otto meets three mysterious sisters and suddenly finds himself entwined in a puzzling quest involving a prophecy, a promise, and a harmonica.

Decades later, Friedrich in Germany, Mike in Pennsylvania, and Ivy in California each, in turn, become interwoven when the very same harmonica lands in their lives. All the children face daunting challenges: rescuing a father, protecting a brother, holding a family together. And ultimately, pulled by the invisible thread of destiny, their suspenseful solo stories converge in an orchestral crescendo. 
On Friday, I dropped by Books, Bytes and Beyond to pick up a box of books I ordered and to nose through their stock. Owner, Mary Brown asked if I had heard about Ryan's newest book. I had not. "You simply must read this!" was Mary's response and she pressed the weighty arc into my hands. Mary rarely errs in her recommendations. Muñoz is a Newbery winner and I've enjoyed much of her work.

I returned home to find a link to Scholastic's Spring Preview in my feed and my tbr list just ballooned. Click here to view.

That's what's new with me. What's new with you? Leave a link in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment