Saturday, September 7, 2013

What's New? Stacking the Shelves


StS is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Hop on over there to ogle what other bloggers got.

These came in the mail this week:


Goodbye, Rebel Blue by Shelley Coriell. 307 p. Amulet Books/ Abrams, October 1, 2013. 9781419709302. 

Publisher synopsis: Rebecca Blue is a rebel with an attitude whose life is changed by a chance encounter with a soon-to-be dead girl. Rebel (as she's known) decides to complete the dead girl's bucket list to prove that choice, no chance, controls her fate. In doing so, she unexpectedly opens her mind and heart to a world she once dismissed-a world of friendships, family, and faith. With a shaken sense of self, she must reevaluate her loner philosophy-particularly when she falls for Nate, the golden boy do-gooder who never looks out for himself. 

I had already picked this up at Annual (and featured it in an STS). I'm happy to mail this duplicate out. Leave a comment with your email encrypted. If there are more than one interested, I'll pick from a hat.






Sick by Tom Leveen. 288 p. Amulet Books/ Abrams, October 1, 2013. 9781419708053.

Publisher synopsis: Brian and his friends are not part of the cool crowd. They’re the misfits and the troublemakers—the ones who jump their high school’s fence to skip class regularly. So when a deadly virus breaks out, they’re the only ones with a chance of surviving.

The virus turns Brian’s classmates and teachers into bloodthirsty attackers who don’t die easily. The whole school goes on lockdown, but Brian and his best friend, Chad, are safe (and stuck) in the theater department—far from Brian’s sister, Kenzie, and his ex-girlfriend with a panic attack problem, Laura. Brian and Chad, along with some of the theater kids Brian had never given the time of day before, decide to find the girls and bring them to the safety of the theater. But it won’t be easy, and it will test everything they thought they knew about themselves and their classmates. 

I'm not a huge fan of zombie novels but read them to keep up with a sizable chunk of students who are. I can tell this one'll be eaten alive.

That's it for me. Still polishing my halo because I'm sticking to my austerity plan and plowing through the teetering TOM.

What's new with you? Send me your link in the comments and I'll pop over.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know these books but Happy reading!!!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodbye, Rebel Blue is on my TBR list. Enjoy it!

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete