Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday - The Impossible Knife of Memory

WoW is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine in which we share the titles we are eagerly anticipating.



The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson. 304 p. Viking, January 7, 2014. 97800670012092.

Goodreads synopsis: For the past five years, Hayley Kincaid and her father, Andy, have been on the road, never staying long in one place as he struggles to escape from the demons that have tortured him since his return from Iraq. Now they are back in the town where he grew up so Hayley can attend school. Perhaps, for the first time, Hayley can have a normal life, put aside her own painful memories, even have a relationship with Finn, the hot guy who obviously likes her but is hiding secrets of his own.

Will being back home help Andy's PTSD or will his terrible memories drag him to the edge of hell and drugs push him over?

I am kicking myself for not joining the line to obtain the bound manuscript of this at ALA. I had another commitment. Oh well. I've read and absolutely adored and respected nearly everything she has written. (Okay, I haven't read the Vet series, but I've read everything else!)

I absolutely love the cover of this. Here's where I found out about the cover and enjoyed a nice interview.

2 comments:

  1. The cover is interesting! Sounds like a pretty good book, too!
    Thanks for sharing.
    My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, YES and YES!
    Great choices! I have been looking forward to this for so long!

    Anyways besides your good taste in Wow books aha, I’ve been reading for posts and I seriously put 4 books in my TBR shelve so thank you for that!

    I’m a new blogger and would really appreciate it if you would check out my WOW and followed my blog @ http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete