Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today's TTT theme is books I just HAD to buy but haven't yet read. Ahem, that would be TOM, the tbr "pile" that fills four book shelves. 

How can I choose just ten? Oldest? Nah, those are on the bookshelves in my bedroom. It's 6AM and the hub is sleeping. Ah, I just spied a title, right from my computer chair and my reaction was, "You haven't read THAT yet? You dope!" So, here are the ten in the order that I found them:


From top to bottom:
1. 8th Grade Super Zero by Olugbemisola Rhuday Perkovich
2. Black Hole Sun by David Macinnis Gill
3.The Boneshaker by Kate Milford
4. King of Ithaka by Tracy Barrett
5. My Brother's Shadow by Monika Schroder
6. Virals by Kathy Reichs
7. Bongo Fishing by Thacher Hurd
8. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
9. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
10. Miss Perigrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.

I know!

5 comments:

  1. I also have Miss Peregrine's and I haven't read it yet. :( Sad. Hopefully we'll both get to that book before the sequel comes out in January. Happy reading! :)

    Here's my TTT

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, Julie, your reply is down below. Thought I pressed the right button. Still getting used to blogger.

      bk

      Delete
  2. First of all, your reading goal is EPIC. (450 books in 2013!)

    I've read Across the Universe and Delirium, both pretttty books. Actually Delirium was on my unread shelf until a week ago. I still have the first version of it, from a million years ago! (The silvery blue version that just has DELIRiUM written across its surface).

    Axie @ Books are Bread

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I don't really like the new Revis covers - too generic. Not sure about the Delirium covers either. At first, I wondered how you knew about my Goodreads goal, then remembered the widget! Haha! Thanks! There will be at least 1 novel every day, but there will be shorter non-fiction and picture books in the number as well. Never too old for picture books!

      Thanks for stopping by.

      brenda

      Delete
  3. What was good about this exercise is the fact that I am now more aware of those books and they have been moved higher on the priority list. The same thing is happening when I try to create a book spine poem for 100 Scope Notes each week. I'm really looking at my shelves.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    brenda

    ReplyDelete